Monday, April 11, 2011

Small bathroom renovation :: Before

I thought today I would share with you one of my current projects.

A few years ago we carried out a major reconstruction of our home prior to moving in. As we had only a few weeks for the reconstruction / renovation and needed a site bathroom facility for the contractors we left our small bathroom to be renovated at a later date.

The time has come to say goodbye to the old bathroom and start the design and build process.

Firstly I start with taking some photos, measure the area and create a brief.
The before photo! Hmmmmm small bathroom...  
The existing bathroom plan

My brief is to design a bathroom that:

  • Can be used by both young families and working couples.
  • Is a relaxing bathroom experience when the lights are low.
  • Uses recycled finishes and furniture where possible.
  • Uses energy and water saving fittings.
  • Creates maximum effect on a small budget.

As you can see from the images this bathroom is very small and probably the smallest bathroom I have had to design! Let the challenge commence...

If you have renovated a small bathroom recently I would love to hear of your stories.

Will update next week. Have a great week.


8 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing what you create. It's incredibly tiny! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see what you come up with.
    It's amazing too that someone thought that style (very similar to our existing bathroom) was nice at one stage. Weird huh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband thinks it's fantastic that I have finally put this on my blog. He has been very patient as he has been waiting over a year for the design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow,that's as tiny as the one we're working on.Looking forward to seeing your finished ideas.Esp.where to fit towel rails.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see the after shots Lisa! It is a little bathroom, so look forward to seeing your small space ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi lisa, what a lovely blog - i'm very excited to see whats coming :-) Our bathroom (being built) is almost identical in size :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lisa,

    Though your bathroom is small but i like it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well almost a year down the track and I am keen to see what you have achieved...we too have a small bathroom to renovate

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts. I read every comment and appreciate your feedback.
Have fun, Lisa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...