Monday, March 14, 2011

Eco friendly counter tops and splashbacks :: Recycled glass

I just had to add this selection to last weeks list of alternative kitchen counter top materials.

Recycled glass countertops and splashbacks -
For an alternative to natural or quarried stone.

These products are by Trend and range between 59% to 80% pre and post consumer glass waste. They not only produce counter top materials but also recycled glass mosaic tiles which can be used for kitchen splashbacks. This material is not just avalible overseas but also in Australia.
images via Trend
Its great to know that I can still enjoy a glass of wine or my Bombay Sapphire and know that the bottle could end up recycled in someone's kitchen!

Have fun.


6 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea to have the mosaics side by side with the bottles they come from.

    You come up with such gorgeous ideas - so beautiful!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Lisa - what a brilliant concept. I'd not heard of these products before, so wonderful to learn about these enviro friendly options. Plus how good do they look?! I love the colour options!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a good way to make a splashback. They look great too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Information For Choosing UK Glass Splashback Companies
    UK Glass Splashback Companies

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really cool splashbacks and the design surely blend in those bottles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't agree more with what was said. I definitely prefer Eco friendly counter tops and splashbacks myself.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts. I read every comment and appreciate your feedback.
Have fun, Lisa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...