Thursday, May 3, 2012

Quilted Vintage Patchwork Chairs :: Japan & UK


As I was browsing in a department store in Kyoto, Japan I stumbled across a range of recycled patchwork chairs. Unfortunately I have no idea as to their origins as I was unable to converse with the assistant but what a great DIY patchwork project this would make at home!
Stool seen in a department store in Kyoto, Japan
In the past I have sourced something similar from furniture designers in the UK. Some of the suppliers designs are below. 
Chairs from Kelly Swallow (top left), Squint (top right) & Viva Terra (bottom)
As I have not seen many similar items made in Australia, I would like to get in touch with any Designers or Hobbyists in Australia who want to sell their recycled patchwork chairs.

Any recommendations would be most appreciated.

Have fun.




2 comments:

  1. Oh they're lovely! If I ever stumble across anyone here doing that sort of thing I'll give you the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Vast' in geelong have some very similar ones , i am going to get one :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts. I read every comment and appreciate your feedback.
Have fun, Lisa

Related Posts with Thumbnails